Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Zuchinni bake!

Tonight while I was contemplating how to use the final bit of chicken from the whole one I'd roasted, I stumbled upon this. I am a fan of zucchini. I like to eat it in bread or muffins or sauteed up with onions and mushrooms. I will gladly eat it that way for the entire zucchini season. "It's a nice recipe," I thought to myself. After some more thinking, I decided that since we don't eat bacon all that often and I don't keep any in the house, what about my left over chicken?!?! Brilliant! Ooooooh. Yum!

I followed her recipe decently for myself. Translate that as I used to same ingredients...kind of...in random amounts. =) I'm like that, I admit it. Here is what I made.

1 medium Zucchini (not a baby one, but not grand daddy Z either. ), grated.
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1 vine ripened tomato, diced
1 1/2 chicken breast, diced
5 eggs
3/4 (ish) cup flour (I added it in smaller amounts until it was a nice consistancy. lol)
1 tsp baking powder (again...more of an eyeball amount)
Mrs. Dash!

Mix it all up in a bowl and this amount filled a 9x9 perfectly. Bake at 400* for 35-45 minutes.

Husband ate his with Salsa. I just put some butter on mine kind of like a baked pancake type deal. LOVED IT! Will totally be making it again. Soon. Like tomorrow. I'm pregnant I can do what I want. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment